When you live in Britain and you donât know when the sun is on its way, you need to be able to prepare summer parties and barbecues at the drop of a hat. After all, you never know how long the sun will stay out for!
So forget hours of preparation â the key to the best summer party decorations is simplicity.
Hereâs an idea that will spruce up your summer table decorations with minimal effort â bow tie napkins.
They look great, hold your cutlery together perfectly and you can even customise them for other events and celebrations throughout the year. Plus this is some super easy napkin folding â you could even save yourself some time by getting the kids to do them.
Letâs get startedâ¦
What Youâll Need:
You only need four simple things to make our bow tie napkins and youâll probably have most of them lying around at home already.
Top tip: Use beverage napkins for the bow as theyâre smaller and easier to shape.
How To Make Napkin Bows:
1) Fold your napkin in half.
2) Scrunch it together in the middle to create the shape of a bow.
3) Place your knife and fork underneath.
4) Cut off a short piece of ribbon (around 8cm will do).
5) Wind the ribbon around the middle of the bow and fasten it together at the back with a small piece of cello tape (you may need an extra pair of hands to help you at this stage).
It really is as simple as that. And if you want to make them look extra fancy, you could even put a smaller, patterned napkin in the middle of the big one to create a two-layer effect.
How to Customise Them
Of course, the beauty of these napkin bows is that they can be personalised to fit in with any theme.
We chose yellow and red polka dots to create a bright, summery look but you can make your napkin bows with any colour napkins and ribbons.
You could use pastel blues and pinks for an adorable baby shower or black and white for a more mature, sophisticated look â perfect for engagement parties or formal events. It really is up to you â you could even use ivory coloured napkins for beautiful, simplistic wedding table decorations.
So there you have it â a pretty and easy napkin folding technique for summer parties and other celebrations. And remember â this is a party secret that deserves to be shared!
For even more clever party tips, why not take a look at:
- Cocktail Decorating Ideas for Summer
- 8 Ideas for the Perfect Summer Picnic
- How to Throw a Great British Bake Off Party