Shoot for the stars with an adorable moon and stars 1st birthday party inspired by the well-loved nursery rhyme Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!
A lovely party theme for one year olds, this party strikes the perfect balance of cute, stylish and extra special!
The easiest way to wow your guests with impressive party decorations is to keep your colour scheme simple. For this moon and stars party we choose sky blue, white and silver (adding a little sparkle makes this cute party theme look extra special!)
Start by laying your table with a dark blue table cloth (to mimic the night sky) and then follow our decorating tips for an impressive moon and stars party.
Moon & stars party essentials
- One Little Star party pack (plates, cups, napkins, a tablecloth, balloons and bunting)
- Blue paper fans
- Blue and white pom poms
- Silver twinkle twinkle little star glitter bunting
- Silver star balloons
- Silver stripe paper straws
- Large foil number one balloon
- Star-shaped table confetti
As for a 1st birthday cake, keep that simple too! We chose plain white icing with blue and silver sprinkles to create a striking centrepiece that matches our decorations perfectly.
Moon & stars party food ideas
- Plain white birthday cake with blue and silver sprinkles
- Blue and white sugared almonds
- Star-shaped cookies (use this star cookie cutter)
- Star-shaped sandwiches (just re-use your star cookie cutter!)
- Cupcakes with blue icing
- Snacks served in blue chevron treat tubs
Don’t worry about all your party food matching your colour scheme; when in doubt, serve your party snacks in gorgeous blue and white chevron treat tubs like these!
For any party snacks that look particularly good (star-shaped cookies perhaps?), display them on a cake stand as a party decoration in their own right! And don’t forget to sprinkle silver star confetti over the table as a finishing touch!
And that’s it! Now you know how to throw stunning moons and stars birthday party with our One Little Star party supplies.
Browse all our 1st birthday themes at partydelights.co.uk or stay on our blog for even more inspiring party ideas: