Fancy trying your hand at pumpkin carving this year but not sure where to start?
We’ve made pumpkin carving easy with our free printable pumpkin carving stencils.
Choose from fifteen amazing templates to download and print at home. Then follow our simple step by step instructions to find out how to use a pumpkin carving stencil and create an impressive pumpkin with minimal effort.
How to use a pumpkin stencil – step-by-step
Using a pumpkin carving stencil is easy, and helps you carve an amazing pumpkin in just a few simple steps. Read on to find out what you need and what to do.
What you need:
- Pumpkin stencil
- Knife or pumpkin carving tool
How to use a pumpkin template
1. Download and print your chosen pumpkin carving stencil and cut out the grey areas. We’ve got fifteen different pumpkin templates to choose from so why not do a couple?
2. Next, pin the stencil to your pumpkin. Use as many pins as you need to keep it in securely in place as this will make it easier to trace the design.
3. Once your stencil is pinned to your pumpkin, use a pen to draw on the design.
3. When you’ve finished drawing the design, remove the stencil and get carving! A stencil makes it much easier to carve an intricate design than free-styling!
4. Once the carving is done, pop a tealight or LED candle inside your pumpkin, put the lid back on and pop it in the window to spook passers-by!
Download our free printable pumpkin carving stencils
We’ve got a whole selection of pumpkin carving stencils over on our site but here are a few of our favourites. Just click the links below to download them and get carving!
Want more pumpkin carving ideas? Stay on the Party Delights blog:
- 5 Easy Pumpkin Carving Ideas for Halloween
- 3 Easy Painted Pumpkin Ideas for Halloween
- How to Make a Cookie Monster Pumpkin