Need some cute Halloween themed DIY decorating ideas? Then look no further, today we have some fabulously fun GIANT POM POM SPIDERS for you. Now these spiders are super quick, fun AND easy to make and will help decorate your house, hall or porch in no time. As they are quite large, you can get away with just the one spider (i.e. above your front door) or say 2-4 spiders at a Halloween party in a hall. However many Halloween spiders you make, I think you will love them!
Halloween pom pom spiders – materials:
- You will need a packet of paper pom poms in your colour of choice. The packs are super easy to assemble and avoid any unnecessary cutting. (If you do want to make your own tissue paper pom poms, here is a great paper pom pom video tutorial you can take a look at!).
- Black paper for the legs and eyes
- White paper or light card for the eyes
- Glue stick & scissors
Halloween pom pom spiders – how to:
1) Follow the instructions in the pack to assemble your pom pom (or make your own).
3) Then add some black eye balls… again, experiment with the positioning of the eye balls. You can make them look do-lally or cross-eyed or whatever works for you. Maybe make a different set of eyes per spider!
4) Use a glue stick to stick them on!
5) Now it’s time to make your legs. Using a ruler cut out 16 strips of paper approximately one inch apart. Glue two lots strips together to make eight long strips.
6) Bend the end up to make the foot.
7) Now, fold the TOP half of your leg in half and make a neat crease until you get to the join of the two stripes of paper.
8) Here fold and crease the lower part of the leg in the OPPOSITE direction (see images). This will give your legs a little stability and structure.
An alternative would be to TIGHTLY roll up one large sheet of newspaper across the diagonal and make a long thin tube which you can bend in two places to make upper and lower leg and a foot.
9) Using a little glue, stick your legs in place.
Now hang up your giant pom pom spider, stand back and admire! Don’t they look fantastic?!
Depending on the size of your room and the location for your spider, you may choose to make 1 or 6 of these. I think the purple and green pom poms are just perfect for a bit of Halloween splash of colour!
Now you have made some of your decorations.. check out our tin can bowling game!