Going down the DIY route for World Book Day?
Read on to find out how to make a super easy Room on the Broom costume with a combination of cheap fancy dress accessories and old clothes.
The beauty of this DIY World Book Day costume is that it doesn’t really involving any DIYing at all – it’s a no sew costume and takes minutes to put together! Read on to find out what to do.
How to Make a Room on the Broom Costume
What you need:
What to do:
It really couldn’t be easier to dress up as the witch from Room on the Broom – perfect for a hectic morning getting ready for school! Here’s what to do.
- Put on a long blue or purple skirt with a red cardigan (if you can’t find anything suitable in your child’s wardrobe, try a local charity shop or Primark to keep it cheap).
- Next, put on a black cape.
- Now for the hair – this is the most time-consuming bit so you may want to do it the night before. Take an orange wig and braid it into a plait (it’s probably easiest to do this while it’s on your child’s head). Alternatively, a Pippi Longstocking wig is just about right!
- Put on the wig and secure it in place with bobby pins.
- Add the finishing touches with a black witch’s hat and a broom!
And voilà! Your DIY Room on the Broom witch costume is finished!