Today we’re going to show you how to turn an ordinary sweet bag into a fun Easter treat. Our Easter carrot treat bags are super easy, bang on trend for Easter and making them is a great Easter activity for kids to do at home or at school.
You only need a few simple items to do this party craft but we would recommend having someone on hand to help with the fiddly bits.
Let’s get started!
What you need:
- Cone-shaped cellophane bags
- Green cake ribbon
- Green balloon ribbon
- Orange millions (or any other orange-coloured sweets)
- A few little helpers
How to make carrot treat bags:
- Fill your cone-shaped bags with orange sweets. You should make one bag of sweets at a time unless you have someone to help you (you could end up with your hands full and sweets flying everywhere if you’re not careful!)
2. Leave about an inch and a half at the top of each bag so that you’ve got enough room to tie it.
3. Secure the top of bag with an orange twist tie (if you use the same treat bags as us, they’ll be included).
4. Finally, take a long piece of green ribbon and make it into a bow. This can be tricky so we’ve got a few step-by-step pictures below to help you out.
Start by taking each end of the ribbon and folding it in towards the middle to make two loops.
It should look like this:
5. Hold it in place and trim the ends of the ribbon to make them short and cute. You might need an extra pair of hands to help you with this so that it doesn’t fall apart!
6. Finally, scrunch the whole thing together towards the middle and wrap a thin piece of balloon ribbon around it to hold everything in place.
7. Then tie it onto your sweet bags and there you have your finished carrot-shaped treat bags!
Will you be having a go at making our Easter carrot treat bags? Head over to Party Delights to browse our lovely Easter party supplies or stay on our blog for even more Easter activities:
- How to Make an Easter Bonnet
- How to Do an Easter Egg Hunt
- How to Do a Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt