Take your skeleton costume to the next level with our easy skeleton make-up tutorial!
This impressive half-skull skeleton face paint design is the perfect mixture of spooky and stylish, and really easy to re-create at home using basic face paints and glitter.
Watch our YouTube tutorial for the complete step-by-step tutorial below and complete the look with this glamorous skeleton jumpsuit!
Ste-by-step skeleton make-up tutorial
Doing an impressive skeleton face paint design is much easier than it looks – even for beginners! The trick is to mark out which areas you want to paint black and white (rather than just winging it!) Watch our full step-by-step tutorial below or read on for a full list of what you need!
What you’ll need to create this look
What to do
- Start off with glittery eye make-up and glittery lipstick.
- Draw a line along your cheekbones to mark where the skeleton face paint will start.
- Paint the end of your nose black.
- Paint the bottom half of your face white.
- Outline the area of the cheekbone that you want to paint black.
- Draw lines across the lips to give the appearance of teeth.
- Finish filling in the cheekbones with black face paint.
- Smudge the face paint along the teeth.
- Draw bone lines on the cheeks.
- Now to add some sparkle! Add purple glitter to the cheeks and under the eyes.
- Finally, use lash glue to stick on some gems and finish the costume with a skeleton jumpsuit and a wig!
Want to recreate this look? Find everything we used at Party Delights or stay on our blog for even more Halloween costume ideas!
- Make Your Own Little Red Riding Hood Costume
- DIY Medusa Costume
- Easy Homemade Cruella de Vil Costume