Going down the DIY route for World Book Day 2017?
Read on to find out how to make a super easy Room on the Broom costume with a combination of cheap fancy dress accessories and old clothes.
The beauty of this DIY World Book Day costume is that it doesn’t really involving any DIYing at all – it’s a no sew costume and takes minutes to put together! Read on to find out what to do.
How to Make a Room on the Broom Costume
What you need:
- Black cape
- Witch’s hat
- Orange wig
- Long blue skirt
- Red cardigan/t-shirt
- Witches’ broom
What to do:
It really couldn’t be easier to dress up as the witch from Room on the Broom – perfect for a hectic morning getting ready for school! Here’s what to do.
- Put on a long blue or purple skirt with a red cardigan (if you can’t find anything suitable in your child’s wardrobe, try a local charity shop or Primark to keep it cheap).
- Next, put on a black cape.
- Now for the hair – this is the most time-consuming bit so you may want to do it the night before. Take an orange wig like this and braid it into a plait (it’s probably easiest to do this while it’s on your child’s head).
- Put on the wig and secure it in place with bobby pins.
- Add the finishing touches with a black witch’s hat and a broom!
And voilà! Your DIY Room on the Broom witch costume is finished! Browse our full range of World Book Day costumes at Party Delights or stay on our blog for even more easy World Book Day costume ideas:
- Book Character Costume Ideas for World Book Day 2017
- Best Book Character Costumes for Teachers
- How to Make a DIY Cat in the Hat Costume