Spring has arrived, the flowers are beginning to blossom and Easter is almost here! So today we’re bring you a few classic Easter games for kids that we can guarantee they’ll love – not to mention keep them occupied during the holidays!
Most of our games can be played indoors but just in case the weather decides to brighten up, we’ve thrown in a couple of games you can play outside too. Just keep reading for inspiration on what to play!
1. Pin the Tail on the Bunny
The first of our Easter games for kids is our fabulous printable ‘pin the tail on the bunny’ game! It puts an Easter spin on pin the tail on the donkey, which is a classic at any kids’ party, and it’s free to download.
Download this game
Printable pin the tail on the bunny poster
Printable bunny tail
How to play:
1. Stick your poster up at a height that’s easy for children to reach and cut out our free printable bunny tails. We used blue tac to stick our poster up as it’s less likely to mark the wall than sticky tape.
2. Give one bunny tail to each child and then ask them to write their name on it and stick a small piece of blue tac on the back.
3. One by one, each child takes their turn and wearing a scarf tied loosely as a blindfold, tries to pin the tail on the bunny!
4. Whoever’s closest when everyone has taken their turn wins!
2. Easter egg hunts
Who doesn’t love an Easter egg hunt?? As far as Easter activities for children go, this one is the ultimate classic!
Just hide some small Easter gifts all around the house or the garden and get hunting or turn it into a proper scavenger hunt with some clues to guide the children to the next prize!
Leave a clue with each gift and see if your kids are clever enough to find them all! To make things easier for you, we’ve put together a big list of Easter egg hunt clues for you to cut out and hide. Download them here:
Printable outdoor Easter egg hunt clues
Printable indoor Easter egg hunt clues
3. Egg and spoon races
Most people only associate egg and spoon races with sports day but it’s a great game for Easter too! All you need is some spoons and a couple of eggs (hard-boiled to make it less messy) and you’re all set.
And if you want to make setting up the game really easy, we’ve got an egg and spoon race game (with matching medals for the winners) over in our shop.
4. Easter egg roll
Finally, finish off your afternoon of Easter games with an Easter egg roll! There’s an annual Easter egg roll that takes place every year in the White House but there are annual egg rolling competitions in the UK too.
The rules of the game are pretty self-explanatory – roll your hard-boiled egg along with a spoon and the first person to reach the finish line wins. Just remember, it has to be ROLLED (not flicked) and cheats will be disqualified!!
And there you have it – lots of fun party games to play this Easter! Stay on the Party Delights blog for even more Easter ideas:
- Easter Bunny Party Ideas
- How to Do a Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt
- How to Make Easter Carrot Treat Bags