Yar har me hearties! Walk this way for the best pirate party game of all the seven seas – pirate tin can bowling!
Perfect for a birthday party (or some weekend fun), tin can bowling pins are super easy to make and we’ve thrown in some free printables to keep it cheap. In fact, you should be able to find everything you need at home!
Read on to find out what to do and how to play.
What you need
- 6 tin cans (clean and empty with the original labels removed)
- Our free printables
- A tennis ball
Cut out our free printables and stick one label around each old tin can. Then you’re ready to play!
How to play pirate tin can bowling
- Start by choosing somewhere to play – preferably somewhere where the ground is fairly smooth and level (like a patio).
- Stack up your tin can bowling pins with three at the bottom, two in the middle and one at the top.
- Give the first player a ball and give them three attempts to knock the pins down. You get one point for one attempt, two points for two attempts and three points for three attempts.
- Let younger players bowl from a short distance away from the pins and make it harder for older players by making them bowl from further away.
- After five turns each, the player with the least amount of points wins!
Ready to throw your own pirate party? Take a look at our pirate party supplies at partydelights.co.uk or stay on our blog for even more pirate party ideas!
- Free Printable Pirate Treasure Hunt Clues
- Easy Homemade Pirate Costume
- Pirate Party Games for Kids
- Make Your Own Pirate Party Photo Booth